This Waters Xevo™ TQ MS system incorporates ScanWave™ collision cell technology, for enhanced spectral LC-MS/MS data acquisition.
Unlike conventional tandem quadrupole MS, the Xevo TQ MS is designed not only to provide the very best quantitative data, but also to provide you with superior spectral info, offering you versatility and adaptability for a range of applications: bioanalysis, ADME screening, food safety, environmental monitoring, forensic, and more.
- Automated system set up and system checks for simple access.
- Automated instrument optimization and quantitative method development tools for ease-of-use.
- The latest innovations in high efficiency, robust, easy-to-use ZSpray™ atmospheric pressure ion source technology.
- Versatile range of ionization options, including multi-mode ionization capability in a single run.
- Unique, innovative T-Wave™ and ScanWave enabled collision cell technology.
- Footprint that sits easily on your laboratory benchtop.
- Dedicated application managers for your specialized analytical requirements.
See what Waters say here
XEVO TQ MS Performance Spec
Ion source transfer optics: High efficiency hexapole ion guide.
Mass analyzer: Two high resolution quadrupole analyzers (MS1/MS2), plus pre-filters to maximize resolution and transmission while preventing contamination of the main analyzers.
Collision cell: T-Wave enabled for optimal MS/MS performance at high data acquisition rates; ScanWave enabled for enhanced MS/MS spectral performance (product ion scanning); Software programmable gas control.
Detector: Low noise, off axis, long life photomultiplier detector; Digital dynamic range up to 4 x 106.
Vacuum system: Two air-cooled vacuum turbomolecular pumps evacuating the source and analyzer; One rotary backing pump.
Acquisition modes: Full scan, MS Product ion scan (ScanWave enhanced), Precursor ion scan, Constant neutral loss, Selected ion recording (SIR),Multiple reaction monitoring (MRM).
Survey scan modes: Full scan MS triggered product ion scan, Precursor ion scan triggered product ion scan, Constant neutral loss triggered product ion scan.
Quan Qual mode: MRM triggered ScanWave enhanced product ion spectral acquisition.
Mass range: 2 to 2048 m/z.
Scan speed: Up to 10,000 Da/s, Examples of achievable acquisition rates: 10 scans per second (m/z 100 to 1000), 20 scans per second (m/z 50 to 500).
Mass stability: Mass drift is less than 0.1 amu over a 24 hour period.
Linearity of response: The linearity of response relative to sample concentration, for a specified compound, is five orders of magnitude from the limit of detection.
Polarity switching time: 20 ms to switch between positive and negative ion modes.
MS to MS/MS switching time: 5 ms.
Inter-channel cross talk:The inter-channel cross talk between two MRM transitions, acquired using an MRM dwell time of 10 ms and an inter-channel delay time of 10 ms, will be less than 0.02%.
Number of MRM channels: Up to 16,384 MRM channels (512 functions, 32 channels per function) can be monitored in a single acquisition. Up to 1024 MRM channels when operating in GLP/secure mode (32 functions, 32 channels per function).
Mass resolution: Automatically adjusted (IntelliStart) to desired resolution; (0.40 Da, 0.75 Da or 1.00 Da FWHM).
MRM sensitivity (ESI+): A 50 fg on-column injection of reserpine will give a chromatographic signal-to-noise greater than 500:1 (Gradient separation, LC mobile phase flow rate of 0.8 mL/min, MRM transition m/z 609 > 195).
MRM sensitivity (ESI-): A1 pg on-column injection of chloramphenicol will give a chromatographic signal-to-noise greater than 1,000:1 (Gradient separation, LC mobile phase flow rate of 0.8 mL/min, MRM transition m/z 321 > 152).
See Waters full specification here
- Waters Xevo TQ MS LC-MS/MS with ESI Probe
- Waters Acquity Class Binary Solvent Manager (BSM)
- Waters Acquity Class FTN Sample Manager (FTN-SM)
- Waters Acquity Column Manager (CM)
- Waters Acquity Diode Array Detector (PDA)
- Waters Acquity Bottle Manager
- Sogevac SV40 BI Roughing Pump
- Windows 7 PC with MassLynx 4.1
- New Samsung Printer
- Installation & warranty (as denoted above)
- Option of a Waters Acquity Sample Organiser (SO) - please enquire
* PC Provided with MassLynx software installed. Note: we are unable to transfer licences therefore software licence purchase may be required from the manufacturer.